View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #496
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staangette View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm new here and to the ebook world, but I LOVE my Kobo glo I got for mamas day this year! It's been fantastic!

Right up until I did the update to 2.6.1 which my kobo did automatically. Now...despite all I do..auto connect...add manually...soft reset...it WILL NOT connect to wifi!!! ANY WIFI!!! Mine, work, my neighbors (she has one and tried to help!)

I don't know what to do?! Factory reset will lose my books...is there ANYTHING I can do?!?!

HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks y'all!!!
If you purchased the books from the Kobo bookstore and they were downloaded over wifi or using the Kobo desktop app to your Glo, they should be re-downloaded after the factory reset. If you sideloaded the books to the Glo's internal storage and don't have copies on your computer, you can alway copy them to your computer before the factory reset. If the sideloads are on a uSD card, they should not be affected during the factory reset. One other item to copy to your computer before the factory reset is the authorization.xml file in the .adobe-digital-editions directory. Copy it back afterwards and your Glo will still be authorized without having to use up one of your Adobe authorizations. While they are good about resetting the usage counter, it's an annoyance to have to call them when you run out of authorizations.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote