View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
I don't think that's possible, as the ebook always "pulls" the books from the content server for the 1150/1200. So until they send a request, you can't "push" any content to them. We will always have to live with tools like impserve or linreb or GEB librarian, I think.
No, it wouldn't use HTTP requests for file I/O. What we need here is to build a filesystem around the usb communications coded in the eb1150 driver for linux (which was based on REBComm version 0.4 which uses usb).

One of the reasons I uploaded the source code to RebComm v1.1.0.5 was to show exactly how it achieved usb communications to read the smartmedia card and then try to adapt it for the EBW1150. Reading the internal memory on the EBW1150 would be stretching it a bit!

Never say never, though...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote