View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #23
WordCountess
WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
I know this may seem counter-intuitive for the little ones but keep an eye out for the really large collections of fables, fairy tales or myths. Look for the ones with lots of little two or three page stories that have at least one illustration per individual story. The thicker and more packed full of stories, the better. The more colorful and detailed the illustrations, the better.

The youngest are usually infatuated with such large volumes and love just flipping through and looking at the pictures. The oldest might not mind actually reading some of these shorter stand-alone stories out loud to the youngest.
We actually do the traditional 'bedtime stories' at my house. We do have many fairytale collections (my favorite- Hans Christian Andersen). They are wonderful for the children, and quite an efficient way to put them to sleep. We've also read a few of the Harry Potter books, but I feel like the later-in-the-series books have a bit of mature content for them. So we will await those. But I certainly agree that fairytale collections are wonderful!
WordCountess is offline   Reply With Quote