View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #61
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Well, I've now gone further back into Middle Eastern History and reading A Brief History of the Middle East, Christopher Catherwood.

Only 3 chapters in and really enjoying it's perspective and synthesis.

But .... and this is what happens to me ..... as a result of Catherwood's use of particular references I've now picked up Empires of the Word, Nicholas Oster.

Oster's book is about the history of languages, and that of course begins with the Sumerians in the Fertile Crescent (between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers).

As a result of MR member Billi alerting me to Citavi, I've now created different projects and availing myself of the many features available to give my 'projects' some structure and capture information that can be utilised in the near and distant future as I pick up other books on the project topics.

Of course, at this rate I'm going to end up with more projects then there's time to delve into in more than a cursory way - but heh - organising my reading gives me better focus, and captures the more salient points for future reference and catch up.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote