View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #584
lrizzo
lrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: kindle3
Debricking: Use AAA batteries instead of Kindle battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
In my experience, a fully charged bricked kindle doesn't sleep and can drain the battery very quickly (less than a day). Recharge it just before debricking. Trust me. I know a little bit about this stuff. The other experienced debrickers here will surely give the same advice.
I confirm that a discharged battery prevents ATK from working reliably.
After wasting a few hours trying to reflash a K3 (usual symptoms: dead with the screen with the tree, orange light stays on forever, does not seem to recharge, etc.) I opened the back and tested the battery. Voltage which is down to 3.1-3.2v, charging does not seem to work, I am unsure why (bad battery or bad charging circuitry).

To proceed, I connected some AA batteries (2NiMh + 1 alkaline, giving around 3.9v) to the battery connector (see picture )

Now I can reliably write the filesystem into the flash is progressing. I have not completed yet (in 45 minutes have done about 2/3 of the progress bar) but previously it would fail with an error within a minute or less.
lrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote