View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I plan to do another thing that seaniko did for his own personal use -- add usbserial to my startup scripts, exept that my version will be conditional on a trigger file (ENABLE_USBSERIAL). That should allow doing all this repair stuff over usbserial (not usbnet) instead of using a serial cable.

If that works, a packaged USBSERIAL hack would be an excellent add-on for all kindles (conditional on the trigger file, like how NiLuJe's USBNET works), as a safety precaution for "easy" debricking without opening the kindle.
Oh yeah, that is definitely a very good plan! While I'm being cautious with my edits, there is always some chance of bricking the device by accident. You managed to recover from there, but I would be totally screwed in that case

So +1 from my side, most definitely.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote