View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #139
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
So, how did I do in January?

Well, not too brilliantly. The changes to Baen's Monthly Webscriptions meant that I bought the February bundle while it was still available. The departure of Fictionwise meant that I had to find a new subscription for Analog and Asimovs, which turned out to be Amazon, which meant that I have bought two issues of each this month, as Fictionwise was a bit behind on issues. Addding in my subscription to F&SF and Grantville Gazette and one book bought on a Kobo discount code, that comes to a grand total of 13 (thirteen!) books bought in January.

Since my aim is to buy no more than 120 books this year, this is a bit of a problem.

Especially as I expect my total purchases in February to come to at least 20 books, given that I'll be buying the books from the December and January Baen monthly bundles (special voucher codes in an email from Baen. See the Baen ebooks webpage), as well as the March bundle, and there'll be more issues of Analog and Asimovs.

That will leave me a quota of just 87 or so for the other 10 months. Unfortunately, approx. six books per Baen month, and my regular subscriptions to GG, F&SF, Analog and Asimov's for the remain ten months add up to 86 books.

Hmm... I don't think I need to worry about looking for Kobo or B&N or Amazon special offers or vouchers in 2013! I'll be using all my book allowance on subscriptions and Baen Monthly bundles!

I didn't think 120 books in a year would be so hard!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote