View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Something has been posted twice now in this thread that addresses (and refutes) your claim. Can you spot it?
That actually doesn't say what you think it says.

Q: What is Kindle Format 8?
A: Kindle Format 8 powers the book reader on Kindle Fire. KF8 replaces the Mobi format and adds over 150 new formatting capabilities including support for HTML5 and CSS3. In the coming months, we will roll out KF8 to our latest generation Kindle e-ink devices as well as our free Kindle reading apps.

Q: Will KF8 capabilities be available on all Kindle devices?
A: Kindle Fire is the first Kindle device to support KF8 - in the coming months we will roll out KF8 to our latest generation Kindle e-ink devices as well as our free Kindle reading apps.

Bold added by me. Amazon says clearly latest generation Kindles TWICE. They don't actually say that all Kindles will get KF8 support.

What Amazon says is...

Q: Will I have to provide two versions of my titles going forward?
A: No. The upcoming updates to our Kindle Publishing Tools will take care of this for you. KindleGen 2 will convert your content so that it works on all Kindle devices and apps. You will be able to preview how your title will look on the range of Kindle devices and apps using Kindle Previewer 2.

All that says is the new software will handle things. It doesn't say KF8 will be available to older Kindles.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote