View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 07:42 AM   #6
jettrue
Enthusiast
jettrue began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
I don't know about the mynook.ru launcher, but with the nookdevs' nookLauncher, once you've put the icons where they're supposed to be, you need to got to “launcher settings” (icon may be labeled “launcher...”), and there, when you add applications (via the “+” button), you can tap an icon (in the second-level list) in order to choose an alternative icon to be used. Unfortunately, for applications already being shown by the launcher, you'll first have to remove and then re-add them (tap once in the first-level list, then tap again). Maybe there's a way to do this without having to remove them first as this won't work for icons that cannot be removed (such as the launcher settings, IIRC), but I don't know it. Maybe PM hharan here on the forums, he'll be more knowledgeable.

If you're into software development and able to build APKs of your own, you can also easily exchange icons inside the launcher and arbitrary applications' APKs to change the defaults.
Thanks, I emailed the mynookru launcher guy, and he said it's never been texted, and will be fixed in a future release, so I switched to the other launcher you mentioned.

I like the original icons much better, to me it goes with the nook's matte eink screen much better.
jettrue is offline   Reply With Quote