View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 05:01 PM   #86
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
No; all those states are within the same country, and tax law at a state level may work differently than international law.
You keep mentioning international law as if there is some law that applies to everyone worldwide. There is not.

As another poster has pointed out for it to have any relevance to a country that country has to first be a signatory to the international document (whether it be a treaty, convention, etc.) and then to implement that into their own legislation to make it effective for their own country. Even then they may have special cases which are included in the international document but from which they absolve themselves by means of negotiating an appendix (this is very common), for example, or just ignoring in their own legislation that gives effect to the international document.

Furthermore, with respect to one country's courts acting upon the findings of another, as I have posted already:

"As far as I am aware the USA is not a signatory to any convention or treaty requiring recognition or enforcement of any other country's courts' judgements except in some cases of international arbitration (which is not the case in the PG matter)."

I am not in the USA so I invited and would welcome any clarification of that by pointing at any relevant USA legislation implementing any such convention or treaty but so far no one has come up with anything.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote