View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 06:37 AM   #34
Wong McGregor
Connoisseur
Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiradur View Post
Honestly, for a productive setup, I don't think an epaper screen is the right choice at the moment From my experience the artifacts an epaper screen generates when the screen content changes (e.g. moving mouse cursor) can make the experience even more stressful for the eyes. I've since given up on trying to use an epaper screen as a monitor. The tech is too slow, requires too much fiddling and is too limited for a productive setup.
That's unfortunate. I've been inclined to agree with your posts on this topic and have found them quite helpful. For instance, I fully agree that using a mouse or even the stylus is too much work to be very efficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiradur View Post
The only thing which would work well with an epaper screen is displaying static content. Content you want to read but don't interact with.
Did you get to experiment with terminal apps at all? I appreciate that you were having trouble getting a keyboard to work. I have similar misgivings about BT keyboards and have opted for a USB to bluetooth switch instead. Again, I haven't had much time to use it, but it seems to work OK with the M96, although I'm too busy right now to test it thoroughly. Using a mechanical USB keyboard with Obuntu on my M92, for instance, in a terminal seemed OK. But again, I didn't really get to test it with editing a text for instance, which would be more difficult given the greater navigation requirements. Again, I didn't have all that much time to test it, before getting waylaid by other things.
Wong McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote