View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 07:24 AM   #31
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by huelvy View Post
Iīm thinking about buy an Onyx Boox Max, but I have a pair of questions and I wonder if someone could answer them.

Because of my work, I spend lots of time reading and editing MS Office documents, and my eyes are suffering. I thought about adquire a Dasung Paperlike to use it as my PC display, but then I thought that the Onyx Boox Max could be more versatile, as it runs Android and can be used as an independent e-book (in fact, IT IS an e-book).

I think that it is possible to use "VNC viewer" (and its Windows client "RealVNC") or a similar Android app in the Boox Max and use it as PC display via wi-fi. The questions are:

1. Has someone tried it (Boox Max + wi-fi connection + Windows)?
2. If so, what about the display response? Is it too laggy or is it useable? My only goal is use it for MS Office in a Windows PC and preferably via wi-fi.
3. I have searched a video to watch the display response using VNC, but I havenīt found anyone. Could someone upload a video showing an Boox Max running a VNC app?

Please, understand me: it costs so much money and I want to be sure before spend it.

Thank you!

A pair of questions would be six (6) questions, would it not? Yet, you only have 3 questions.

However, if one saw three pairs of jeans walking down the street (presumably filled with three different people), then that would be THREE pairs of jeans, rather than SIX!

Yet.....looking over your post, I see only three (3) enumerated questions, but you say you have a pair of questions.

So....what is it, my good man (or woman)?

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote