View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #56
PRS-T2
Connoisseur
PRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PW2, Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
There is mobi7 (.mobi) and mobi8/KF8 (.azw3)

AZW is a renamed .mobi, Amazon does this to indicate it came from their server.

The KF8 is a newer version, more like an EPUB in a database wrapper, and supports embedded fonts and a wider range of HTML.
Also, it handles hyphenated words better, and supports cover metadata so calibre can update the cover without a reconversion.

Definitely go with AZW3.
Thanks again
It's a very helpful explanation! Glad that Calibre is about 90% done with converting to AZW3 as I type hehe. Just staying awake for it to finish and start HyphenateThis. So especially with regard to that particular plugin (first try, Sony didn't support soft-hyphens), I'm supposed to stick with AZW, right? Update Cover is a thing I often do, since I like the US versions more than most of the German covers. Or earlier versions vs. re-issued books.

Quote:
You thought you could avoid me?
Hahahaha NO! That would be the least of my hopes
Please keep on tracking me, daddy, pleeeeaaaaase... Or: please coincidence (god) make Eschwartz and me continue subscribing the same threads, until death do us part
Seriously
Also for keeping NiLuJe sane here, so that he will focus on NOT ME ExSonyiac
PRS-T2 is offline   Reply With Quote