Thread: Color JetBook Color 2 Review
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #11
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 1,2,3, Kindle DX, Onyx M96, Onyx i86 Plus, Onyx Boox Max
0xf 0xf 0xf would probably be black? #0f0f0f would most probably be 0x1 0x1 0x1 (round up).

If you have picture with more colors (like 24 or 32 bit pixels) the software has to round every pixel color to one of the 4096 colors. So it can be that colors which are quite different in a 24 bit picture will be the same on a 4096 color screen.

I have tried colorful pictures with my JetBook Color 1 and they looked great. Of course you have to compromise in comparison to a 24 bit screen. Maybe I'll find a good test picture with just 4096 colors. I don't think the JBC2 screen will be in worse quality than the JBC1 one.

Btw. is the display non-glare? I do have to ask for the 4th time. ^^

Last edited by joblack; 03-19-2013 at 11:44 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote