Thread: Color JetBook Color 2 Review
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Of course it's true. It's a 16 x 16 x 16 matrix (and reminds me little bit about my good old Commodore Amiga in HAM graphics mode with 4096 colors).

E.g. even with a very good tablet (like the Nexus 10) it's not possible to display real black but I don't see you complaining about the black color problem with LCD displays? So it's not a necessity to be able to display specific colors. Most display colors are an approximation, anyways.

Well it's obvious you don't like color e-ink displays. But back to the topic - is the display non-glare?
That 16x16x16 matrix is fiction. Just because the software will let you set a hex color code doesn't mean that the screen is capable of producing that color.

I cannot see #0f0f0f on this screen, nor anything close to it. So at least one of those 4096 colors can't be reproduced and this the claim of 4096 colors is a myth.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote