View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 02:51 PM   #15
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Streaming services that duplicate cable TV have the same issue as cable TV, i.e. they have to pay for each of those channels. Thus there is a floor cost and when content providers like ESPN raise their prices, those floors go up.

From what I'm told by people in the business, you aren't going to save money streaming content unless you don't watch live sports. If you want a basic Netflix experience and that's it, then you can save money. I'm a sports fan (at least of my local teams) so I don't particularly mind paying as long as I get the content I want.

Eventually we may get subscription based a la carte model where you only pay for the content you want, but odds are if you are a sports fan, you won't save money and given the contracts currently in place, I don't expect it to happen anytime in the near future.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote