View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 04:46 PM   #3
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone XR, iPad Pro 9.7, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
HBO did a show called The Newsroom that was very good. HBO does not do programs that are as bad as you say The Morning Show is. Some of the recent Showtime shows I have seen have also been quite good.

What I want to know is what HBO or Showtime shows would you say is comparable to The Morning Show?
I was politely trying to say that it is like a soap opera wherein you will hear the f-bomb once every few seconds. In other words, HBO, and other similar services, which have original series tend to be uncensored concerning language. The foul language certainly doesn’t bother me when it it used in well scripted manner that makes sense. However, The Morning Show is poorly scripted and the foul language seems to be there more as a shocking value than anything else. This show is the worst example of scripting and acting I’ve seen in a long time. A poorly written show filled with cliches and really bad acting is difficult to watch. The newsroom talkshow theme is very worn out now, so they probably should have either picked a more unique theme or figured out a way to give it a new approach. They put together a “dream team” of actors, yet the show is really terrible. Maybe they should have gone with a lighthearted comedy rather than a seriously dark drama, after all they hired three good comedy actors in Anniston, Witherspoon, and Carell. If you compare The Morning Show to the movie Network from half a century ago, this series is a negative 5 stars whereas Network was 4+ stars.
OtinG is online now   Reply With Quote