Thread: deleting a book
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #9
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
do you never re-read a book? some folks do. did you used to toss paper books when you'd read them [once]? some folks wouldn't do that.

i'm not criticizing your habits, rather i'm pointing out reasons for an alternate approach to the approach that you use that might be satisfying to someone else.
I didn't say I got rid of my ebooks. I merely delete them from my Kindle (and other ereaders) after reading them, so only unread books are on the readers.

I re-read on occasion. I keep copies of all of my ebooks in Calibre.

I still owned pretty much all of my paper books (even many of the books I had as a child) until I got my first Kindle in 2008. Then I took almost my entire collection of books to the local library and donated them for the library to sell in their bookstore. I sold a few on half.com as well.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote