View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 12:20 PM   #1
HappyChris
Enthusiast
HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nexus 10 (2 of them), Nexus 5, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, iMac
Rooted. Wrecked. Rebirth?

After successfully rooting my underused ST w. Glowlight, I found that it was not really what I wanted so I attempted a factory reset, only to find that I had not... made a backup. This seemed OK to me as I had the ebook files elsewhere and assumed that the Nook firmware would not get wiped. The factory reset seems to require a separate image of the OS to be available on the sd card. Is this so?

Currently, the factory reset is stopping part way through the Wi-Fi setup ('connected to the Internet'), 'Registering your device' to 'Error. We're having trouble setting up your NOOK... please try again'. I press 'Device info' and then 'Reset' and the attempt starts again.

ADB doesn't register the device.
  • It looks like the whole firmware needs to be replaced. Would I do this by using a SD card with Nook Manager (or something better?) and an update on it?
  • I gather that the 1.3.1 Glowlight update at B&N is not rootable. Is this so? Is there another version that I can find that will be so?
  • Is there a pre-built 'package' that I can use to either just reset my nook to normal or root it again but with Nook app still on it?

Help urgently needed!
HappyChris is offline   Reply With Quote