View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #39
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
I'm in the middle of evaluating my next 'phone'. I'm leaning towards a non-smart flip phone but I'd need a tablet for reading & browsing plus (probably) a mobile hotspot for Internet. Downsides are 3 devices + 2 cell accounts, one of which I'd only use while traveling. Alternative is a smartphone that will work as a mobile hotspot-then I need to decide whether to get a large phone & forgo the tablet or get a small phone & also carry a tablet for reading. Carrying the devices isn't a big issue as I'd use a 'man-purse' aka briefcase. Carrying the extra chargers while traveling is a bigger issue-sometimes it's hard to find even one unused outlet in a hotel room. (Bathroom is the best bet. They usually have an outlet for an electric shaver but setting by a sink isn't where I'd prefer to leave my phone.)

Also, if I'm going to be typing then I prefer an actual keyboard. I think the onscreen keyboards have done as much to degenerate spelling as texting abbreviations have. I find I need to make an average of 5 presses for every 3 characters to get it right. (I.e. at least one 'character' is wrong so I have to press again to back up then press another extra time to get the right one.)

Last edited by calvin-c; 03-04-2013 at 10:40 AM.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote