View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #27
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I suspect that you can put in any path in CC. There are no checks except:

The path/folder actually exist.
CC is allowed to write and read files there.

I suspect that the path you entered doesn't exist, some minor misspelling or part of the path not specified?

Also some devices actually don't allow you to write to the removable microSDHC-card. It is a limitation in newer verions of Android, and my Xoom is one example of that. You can only read from it. There are some workarounds, but not any that will work with CC, as far as I know. So I can't use my external SD-card at all with CC.

There is some new code/documentation coming from Google that will allow applications to write removable memory cards in an approved way, and it doesn't seem to be many apps that actually can do that at the moment. I only know 3 apps that can, and that is with some severe limitations. Some suppliers have modified Android to allow access to external storage in a non-standard way. I don't know how it is with your device.

You really should get a filemanager (I use ES File Explorer) so you can check what folders there are, and create new, if needed. You can then also check that you can write there as well.

Thank you for a new word in my vocabulary. Druthers.

When changing the path in CC it would be elegant if the app asked if you wish to move the old files to the new path, or just delete the old contents of the old path. CC is in beta, so things like that may already be in the works?

Last edited by Adoby; 08-30-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote