View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #25
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by readerbeagle View Post
I think the problem is that once one changes the default directory and returns back to the default CC one can no longer see prev transferred ebooks.
This is true. CC removes existing books from its database when you change the folder where the books are stored, but does not remove the books from the file system. The only way to get them back into CC is to resend them from calibre.
Quote:
You lost me on MTP - not understanding. Ideally I would like to store books on external SD. This is how I got myself in this mess : ) What I would like to know is appropriate path. eg: ? /microsd/CC.
I was asking if you could see the books or the SD card when your device is plugged in with a cable. Calibre won't see it, but you might be able to get some information about the paths. In addition, if you have books on your device that aren't in calibre, you could copy them to a folder on your computer and then add them to calibre.

As for the "spelling" of the path, neither Steven nor I have a device like yours so we have no way to know it. You might be able to find it by using a file manager app and exploring the folder tree. For example, using the Rhythm Software File Manager, I was able to go to /storage and see the name of the standard SD memory on my Galaxy Nexus. I have no idea if that would work for you.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote