View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
FYI for others. If Moon+ gets confused it places nice generic covers on the book shelf. These covers do not come from the books or calibre. When a book is iported to Moon+ the cover is actually extracted from the books and placed in the Moon+ folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
I've just downloaded Calibre Companion. No problem connecting to the device, a Nexus 7, but it doesn't show the covers of my books.
Calibre Companion shows you the covers, if you open the books from there you will have no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
I use Moon+ reader, and my bookshelf is now full of generically generated covers. Very disappointed. Is there a way to fix this and get the covers?
I experienced what you are referring to. This is a Moon+ problem. The covers are nice generic covers, I'm guessing supplied by Moon+. So essentially you are disappointed in Moon+ not CC. For the proper cover to show in Moon+ you have to import the books into Moon+. If you changed the directory for the books you have to import the books again.

I don't believe this is a problem with the cover being embedded in the epub. I forget how I got there (I was playing around with moving books and directories) but I did see my shelves filled with nice generic covers. I don't bother opening books from Moon+ anymore I simply open the books from CC.

Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-26-2012 at 11:26 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote