View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #16
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
I've just downloaded Calibre Companion. No problem connecting to the device, a Nexus 7, but it doesn't show the covers of my books. I use Moon+ reader, and my bookshelf is now full of generically generated covers. Very disappointed. Is there a way to fix this and get the covers?
I assume by "it" you mean Moon+, not CC. Moon+ shows the covers stored inside the books as opposed to the covers stored in calibre's database. This is true of all reader apps that I know of. CC is different in that it knows about the cover in calibre's database and shows that cover instead of the one inside the book.

Regarding covers inside the book, CC stores the book exactly as sent by calibre. If the covers inside the books are incorrect in calibre, they will be incorrect on the device unless calibre was able to replace the cover on the fly. In your case clearly calibre was not able to replace the covers on the fly, so you must fix them manually using calibre. See this post and the ones following it for some information. In addition, there are lots of posts relating to cover replacement in these forums.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote