View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 02:01 AM   #1
bigmat1201
bigmat1201 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
New to ereaders, questions about Hanlin

I have never owned a proprietary ereader, i've used my treo as an ereader but that about it, so I don't know much about them, with that being said,
I heard that the V9 would be out by early 2008, now its mid-late 2008 and still no V9?

I was wondering, when it comes out will there be a V9 from Hanlin, Bebook and the other company's or just Hanlin (I really didn't want an ereader with chinese symbols on it)?

With the bigger screen, should I be able to read any pdf I want and not have any of the problems associated with the 6in screens and native 8.5X11in PDFs, like zooming?

Does the hanlin V3 really support all the formats that it says it does, the ones I'm interested in are .chm, .lit, and PDF?

Do all the links in the .chm files work, will I have to do any converting to get these formats to work properly (I have Huge .chm and PDF books), or are they truly native?

Why do they call the Hanlin "the Chinese counterpart to the Sony Reader", the hanlin sounds soooo much better than the sony ereader, with all the different formats and a non-proprietary SD card reader, am I missing something?

I haven't done much research on ereaders yet, but the Hanlin looks like the best one, the only problem that I read about is that the mobi support is really bad, is that true, or has it been fixed?

Is mobi the only DRM format hanlin offers? I used to buy ebooks for my palm on ereader.com and they used .pdb, I tried mobi for my palm, but I had problems with words missing in my ebook, that pissed me off and I switched to ereader, anyway, I'm guessing that hanlin don't support .pdb?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, I have alot more research to do before I get ready to buy.
bigmat1201 is offline   Reply With Quote