View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 04:32 PM   #14
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Just got the email that it's available for pickup.

I prefer reading ebooks, but I don't mind reading paper when it's the only or significantly cheaper option. Do others use ILL? I'm not saying I get a constant stream of them, but it definitely has a place in my toolbox. My last ILL was a Wodehouse that's not available as an ebook or audiobook at all, so it truly was my only alternative in my long-term goal to read all of him in more-or-less order.
I tried using ILL for some books I couldn't get any other way a while back. Ultimately, it didn't work for me because they were paperbacks that had yellowed quite a bit and the text was just too small. It's really what drove me to eBooks in the first place. Hardcovers have gotten too heavy (and are too awkward in bed), and paperbacks have fonts designed for the young.

Stargazing is available in the UK and AU as an eBook, so I'll probably get it in one of those locations. It's 6.17 in the UK, which works out to just a shade over $8 USD. Not an unreasonable price for a book.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote