View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 07:30 PM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Maybe it would have been a good idea to steer him to the threads containing these discussions and bring him into the wider community. His original posts were at least a day apart. There was ample opportunity to do so.

And were those discussions about the Aura Edition 2?

If he wants to believe the megacorps are out to get him, what's the harm? His isn't the only thread I've seen regarding skipping the registration process on a Kobo. If his is the only recent thread, maybe it's because he hadn't seen those older ones?

I dunno. I don't want to call out other users, but the first non-Turnip posts seemed unnecessarily dick-ish and unhelpful to a new user who seems enthusiastic and probably could contribute to general Kobo hackery, which is a benefit to all.

I'll drop it here. I don't want to anger everyone. Just be nice. At least until you have a rapport with the guy.
Sorry, but his first post with any information in it, included his "religious" opinion about registering the devices. His first post outside this thread was less than 15 minutes later, posted the same information and revived a 18 month old. Neither post actually added any information we didn't know and ignored later discussion on the same topic related to more recent firmware. His next post, 10 minutes later, was to revive a six month old thread and the only content in the was how bad an idea using false registration info was. i.e. Spreading his "religious" opinion.

The rudest post in this thread is from the Turnip. My only request is that he practices what he preaches and that he follows the rules of this forum. Specifically: no multiple posts of the same, no reviving old threads.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote