View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 11:46 AM   #13
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The problem is that he hasn't posted anything useful or new except maybe in the serial connection thread.
Maybe it would have been a good idea to steer him to the threads containing these discussions and bring him into the wider community. His original posts were at least a day apart. There was ample opportunity to do so.

And were those discussions about the Aura Edition 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And if he is going to accuse people of "religious posts" he should be careful not to be first. He is the only one who recently about about how much the big companies are out to get us. If that isn't a religious statement, I don't know what is.
If he wants to believe the megacorps are out to get him, what's the harm? His isn't the only thread I've seen regarding skipping the registration process on a Kobo. If his is the only recent thread, maybe it's because he hadn't seen those older ones?

I dunno. I don't want to call out other users, but the first non-Turnip posts seemed unnecessarily dick-ish and unhelpful to a new user who seems enthusiastic and probably could contribute to general Kobo hackery, which is a benefit to all.

I'll drop it here. I don't want to anger everyone. Just be nice. At least until you have a rapport with the guy.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote