View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 01:19 PM   #3
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I personally won't use KePub as the base storage format unless it's a KePub straight from Kobo. The conversion plugin is still not producing KePub files the same as Kobo's. I'm still trying to get a couple of recent releases from Kobo to address that, but I'm not interested in paying more money for a book than I think it's worth and I'm not buying a book I don't want to read anyway, so it's taking a while. Kobo is pretty consistently more expensive for any book I actually want than Amazon, and not a single book I want has ever been valid for coupons, and Kobo has been pretty rude to me in the past.

If you happen to have some KePubs purchased recently from Kobo and you want to send them my way, I'm looking for books new to Kobo since June 2015, English language only (so I can read and know what I'm looking at and what I'm expecting). I need the books to be purchased directly from Kobo's site, downloaded by the Kobo reader directly to the reader (that seems to be the only way to get the actual KePub files) and copied from there. I'm also trying to sort out some things around the rights.xml file, so I need both the encrypted KePub file directly from the reader and the decrypted KePub file. I can't tell you how to decrypt the file, but I've heard rumour that an Apprintice named Alf knows everything you need to know about that

Last edited by jgoguen; 08-03-2015 at 01:23 PM.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote