View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #5
rebl
r.eads e.njoys b.ooks lol
rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Hello,
I have both calibre64 and calibre portable installed and in neither of them I can't save a new setting for the wordconv path in Preferences. No matter what I do - I browse to the file or enter the path manually,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\Wordconv.exe or with /'s, after pressing Apply, when I return to the input options, the old path (Office12) is still there.
I don't have any permission issues and other settings can be modified fine.

As expected, the plugin can't find wordconv:
File "calibre_plugins.doc_input.__init__", line 54, in convert
ValueError: Not found c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Wordconv.exe

I found the doc_input.py file in folder Calibre Settings\conversion
and manually edited path to
u'wordconv_exe_path' : u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft
This is quite bizare! Even after I've corrected the path by editing the file (and checked in GUI, it's there) the plugin still looks for Office12, like it's hardcoded.

I noticed you can change the path also in the convert dialogue, and this works fine, but still won't remain saved.

Last edited by rebl; 08-18-2014 at 06:56 PM.
rebl is offline   Reply With Quote