View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 03:04 AM   #11
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Still have my old edition with hundreds of pencilled-in page ‘links’ to Gilbert’s and Ellmann’s annotations that I made years ago. Those were the days... Nowadays, when I don’t get a passage, I just revel in the rhythm of it.

No big plans for Bloomsday. Buying some soap, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwanspicoli View Post
I see. So it's a sort of a 1922/Gabler text....yet another version!!

I read Ulysses a few years ago and basically just plodded through it. I read the words on the page and I understood very little. I read it again this time last year with a little better grasp. More recently, I've been going through it page by page. I started in April and I am approaching the end of Lestrygonians.

I discovered Frank Delaney's Re:Joyce Podcast and it renewed my interest. So I started making my own notes in the margin using Gifford's annotations and Delaney's comments (up through Proteus anyway).

I am making my very own No Fear Ulysses. Any plans for Bloomsday?
pynch is online now   Reply With Quote