View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 06:37 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
There isn't much I can tell from it. The Previewer's conversion routine, which runs under a Java installation included with the Previewer, somehow failed to launch. There is nothing in the log to indicate why. I can't tell if the problem is specific to Windows 7 or your particular PC.

I'll try to think of a way to have the plugin gather more information on this type of failure. In the mean time I have some questions to help diagnose the problem:
  • Were there any other error messages displayed on your system when the conversion failed? If so, what?
  • Have you used the Kindle Previewer to verify that it functions properly on your system? You could try opening this book and verifying that it displays with Enhanced Typesetting (hyphenation) in the Previewer. Press Ctrl-I after opening the book in the Previewer and make sure that the information dialog shows "Enhanced Typesetting: Supported".
  • If you are running an anti-virus program could you try disabling it before launching a conversion to see if that helps?
The converter works, yes, and it did make a couple ebooks with the enhancements. I saw the hyphenation.

Then it asked me to update to 3.1, which I did.

After that I ran the plugin again in calibre, and this time it told me that KindleImageConverter failed (twice, on one job).

And then, on the next try, it converted the ebook which had failed 4 times already.

So now it is working - sorta.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote