View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I take your point but sigil is an epub processor and an epub with a strange file type is still really an epub, inside....
Yes. And by that same logic, surely you can load the "book.original_epub" file onto all epub devices (or into all epub reading apps) and it will handle/read it just fine, right? Why not? It's still really an epub isn't it? Can you submit a "book.original_epub" file to online retailers who accept ePub submissions? Will online ePub validators work with it?

Quote:
is there not something inside a file that tells windows what it "really" is & could not sigil not look at that, rather than at the filetype shell.
I've thought of several responses here, but ultimately, I feel that "No" is the best one. Also keep in mind ... same code, three different platforms.

Quote:
& yes I think it should open zips if the zip is really an epub. I am surprised it does not already do zip.
Again... does your reading device/app (beside calibre) read *.zip files (if they contain a valid ePub structure)? Why not?

Quote:
is it not just a case of removing the line of code that inspects file type & says "quit already" ? & let sigil at least try to open it
Quite possibly. Don't know for sure, though.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-04-2013 at 10:05 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote