View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #12
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
If I buy something at a store and someone mistakenly hands me $100 in change instead of $20, it is highly unethical to walk out of there instead of returning the extra cash even if it was technically given to me.

I should hope that is the lesson most people would teach their children. Not "get away with whatever you can't be prosecuted for."
I don't see this that way. If the customers were at the store and purchased ONE item, and realized their sack was way too heavy to contain only said item, then it would be proper to point out the error. If the store then said nothing or argued that there was only one item in the sack, and wouldn't do anything about the error, then the customer is within their rights to take the items. I would argue a little longer myself, but it wouldn't happen this way becaue 4 extra items cannot simply appear in the bag, they must be placed.

And yes, I have pointed out at a store that I have received too much change. I once even went back into the store to return the extra money because it didn't hit me until I was at my car that there was an error.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote