View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 03:42 AM   #30
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I prefer the screen refresh on my Mini over that "page turning animation" on the Ipad any day... I am not reading a paper book so why simulate the page turning? If I read on an LCD screen I expect the page to turn immediately. And I should be able to do it without having to touch the screen.
I gotta agree with you, the page-turning is a gimmicky add-on effect that gets done on a lot of demos for things like Liquavista and Mirasol too.

The reason they do it is simple: It gives people the impression that they have more control and response from the book, even though they don't really. It's an easy way to take advantage of a fast screen without actually doing any work to make it useful, such as improving navigation, where real-world improvements could be made.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote