View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #22
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I have to agree with ProfCrash--you can certainly sideload content to the Kindle. I bought a Kindle Paperwhite 2 a few months ago and have sideloaded almost all of my content on it--stuff I have on my Sony Reader. The Kindle doesn't differentiate storage between what's available for Amazon content vs what's available for side loaded content. Both co-exist in the same storage area. I did have to convert my books from ePub to AZW3 format, but Calibre makes this a trivial operation.

I would have seriously considered the new Nook Glowlight, but the limitation for side loaded content to only 500mb and the removal of the sd slot was definitely a deal killer for me.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote