View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 04:44 AM   #9
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I am just tossed and twisted with the decision between the Samsung 3 and the Acer C7. The first has better battery life, the other had a bigger hard drive.
I'm still loving the Samsung 3 but one thing to consider is that it is ARM-based while most of the Chromebooks to date, including the Acer C7, are Intel-based. While Google are working hard to implement what's called 'Native Client' on the ARM processor, at the moment not all applications are supported.

In practice, the only applications that haven't run for me so far are some high-end games, but I suspect I'll encounter others. In time this fragmentation should disappear.

So, at the moment, the long battery life and incredibly light design of the Samsung 3 comes with a penalty of slightly reduced compatibility. However all the standard applications run absolutely fine, and the device is an absolute delight to carry around and write on.

Lift lid. Start writing.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote