View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #81
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
The Kindle has a trail of dots under each book title which gives a rough indication of the length. I know enough to be wary of the ones that stretch way across the page, like Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantell, or almost everything by Peter F. Hamilton or Neal Stephenson.
Yes, this.

I don't mind 600-800 page books in series that I already know and anticipate liking, but otherwise I sort of find myself dreading starting a book that will take me a week at best and - if it turns out to be less exciting - even longer.

Oddly enough I didn't have that issue when I was younger, in my teens or early 20s.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote