View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #83
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossfan2000 View Post
I returned my PW and will stick with reading on my Nexus 7. I would recommend installing the Screen Filter app for night reading, as it will let you dim the screen beyond what the Kindle app will by itself. In all honesty, the Nexus 7, using the Screen Filter app, is much easier on my eyes then the KPW (even though I know it should have been the opposite).

If you are familiar with Calibre and know how to "convert" your Kindle content to epub, I would recommend Mantano Reader. I saw a Kobo Touch in your profile (I think). Since both Mantano Reader and the Kobo Touch are both ADE-based, the page numbers will match. In other words, if you are on page 132 on your Kobo Touch, it will also be 132 in the Mantano app.
I agree. I've already got the Screen filter app on my Motorola Android phone and had it on the original Kindle Fire I had. Great app! Mantano is good too, but I'm one of those people who really likes to Whispersync between devices so I'll probably stick with the Kindle app most of the time.