View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #12
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
But I was talking about backing up. That doesn't work for DRMed books.
First "trust Amazon."

Second, mainly when I speak of backing up, I think of those things out "in the wind" not supported by third parties. My notes. My References. My books, articles.

Third. Before eReaders became so pervasive, I had many other files from various places that never had DRM. And of course I have many used books that I got for nominal sums $4.00 or so that I use as reference.

Fourth. The DRM I support is to protect me from you. Not so much you from me.

Fifth. Any DRM can be beat. I know this. I also know that most readers will not bother. The problem is when the people that beat DRM then put the open files out for pirating. That is my worry.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote