View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #11
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJJ View Post
Is this strictly a result of a long book title combined with the file path info, or are there other factors that generate long file names?
The book itself in my test was simply called foobar.epub, and the file itself was not modified, but the device hangs when the total length (ie. including folder pathnames) gets too large. I'm still not sure about the exact limit, testing it is a bit tedious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJJ View Post
Does anyone know whether you can set a file name length limit in Calibre?
Dunno.

I recommend you don't put books into the internal memory at all, and instead use the SD card exclusively. If it hangs you can always take the card out.

That's what I did from the beginning since long before I even bought the device, someone here already had run into a case where a book bricked his reader. Not sure if he was hitting the long pathname thing or if it bricked for some other reason.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote