View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #48
thp1017
Connoisseur
thp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo, KT, KGlo, H2O, Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
People posting "I'm pleased with the Kobo Touch in spite of <fill_in_the_blank> issue" does not instill confidence in purchasing one. All that says is that KT buyers have a higher tolerance for issues.
I guess to me its always very hard to tell from the sample size you get on a forum like this - there are a modest number people happily championing their KT, but primarily these boards are people asking questions, or having problems. I first found the forum, for example, when I was actually trying to figure out how to hack line spacing on the original Kobo1 (sadly, the KT isn't any better on this, as I actually like 0.9em line spacing, more like an actual paper book! ). My brother, for example, grabbed a KT in the Borders closing madness, and hasn't had any problems, and has no idea this forum exists.

Personally, I'm thrilled with my KT - I think I've got ~125 hours on it so far? Not a single error! No books disappearing, not loading, no storage errors, etc. Admittedly I don't use Calibre or the Kobo Desktop to load books, I just copy them directly to the on-board storage (too many weird stories early on about crappy software, plus it always seemed easier to me to just copy the file).

Are there improvements I would like to see? Absolutely! But I've played with other eReaders (Nook, primarily), and there were things about it I didn't like either. Hopefully one of these days the Kobo Team will make all the improvements I'm hoping for, but I'm happy with what I have now

Last edited by thp1017; 09-15-2011 at 05:31 PM.
thp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote