View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 04:23 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I've seen this argument directed at libraries as well. Matter of fact, I knew a girl on one forum who said she no longer mentioned to authors that she was in line for their books at the library, because one author jumped on her that since she didn't get any recompense for her books being read via library lending that the girl was "stealing" from her. I realize this is a minority view among authors, but it sure made a strong impression on both that girl, and I imagine everyone she told the story to. I found it very nice on the part of the girl that she refused to mention which author it was that said that to her, though. I imagine that some authors do feel conflicted about second hand bookstores - feeling that they're being "stolen from" since they don't get anything from the second (or third, or fourth) sale. But at the same time - not everyone is a book hoarder like me. Once a book comes into this house, it very seldom leaves. Even if it's something I probably won't read again. I am the bane of used bookstore owners everywhere, LOL.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote