View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
I think my comment was "as light as possible" (implying smaller) but I think 6-7" would be my best bet for readability, 5" just seems kinda small?

Thanks for the feedback on the asus and nook. I think I'd prefer to stick with e-ink for two reasons: easier on my eyes (or at least I hope) which spend a good 10-hours a day staring at an lcd, and better battery life. There's a point about reading at night, though...with the dualbook I can stick a light in a USB slot, whereas most of the readers I see either don't have USB or don't have one to spare So now I'm back to not knowing what to do about e-ink vs. color.

The primary selling point of the NookColor for me was the ability to read at night in bed with out a flashlight. Personally I do not see any eye strain from it, but I know some people say that they do. I like flipping it to night mode (white text, black background) which I do not think (but do not know for sure) that e-ink supports?

My wife uses a Nook Color also, and she likes the advantage of being able to read photo type books (Bird books, children's books, etc) in addition to the night time reading.

Battery life does not seem to be a problem for us, we plug in every few days and have never had any worries about it getting low.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote