View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #6
kindle3zeng
Enthusiast
kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: kindle 3wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by choff View Post
Yeah, I'm working on 2 things at the moment:
  • Running X11-programs on the Kindle
    I already got a KDrive X server with xdaliclock and xterm to run, but the display does not auto-refresh. Maybe I can tweak the Kindle's framebuffer driver to refresh automatically if the framebuffer contents are changing.
  • Using the Kindle as my secondary monitor(for coding etc.)
    This was my primary reason for buying the Kindle.
    I plan to write a simple "framebuffer server" running on the Kindle which listens for network connections. If a packet with display contents is received, the data will be written into the Kindle's framebuffer.
    The client will be a framebuffer Linux Kernel module which simulates a framebuffer of the same size as the Kindle's display and forwards the display contents to the Kindle's IP via UDP.
    The server on the Kindle side is already working and I can already modprobe the module at the client side, but X11 does not seem to detect the Kernel module. But I hope I'll sort this issue out next weekend :-)
Second this!
kindle3zeng is offline   Reply With Quote