View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 05:40 AM   #4
Boreras
Enthusiast
Boreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: TBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by deleted View Post
Sorry to hear that.
There's a few reports of that message for Kindle devices. You probably saw them.

Here is one that recommends freezing the device : (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=326181) which didn't end in success.
(I've frozen dead laptop batteries in the past)
Is it a battery issue? I have no way of knowing - so proceed with caution. But if replacement battery isn't expensive I'd order one now in any case.

I wonder if someone like Booxtor with experience with Onyx repairs could help.

By the way, where are you? I cracked the screen of my M96, which was otherwise fine, and am looking to get rid of it (but I'm in China).

How old is your device?

Best of luck.
I'm really sorry I didn't get back earlier, thought I would get auto-mailed if there was a reply.

When I saw that thread before I auto skipped because my light didn't come on at all, was still searching for people with the exact same problems. It was purchased as a refurbished model at the end of 2017, so the components will be older. So it will go in the freezer for now. Thank you, we'll see if it works.

I'm in the Netherlands, and while Aliexpress can get free shipping halfway across the world I don't think we citizens can. It'll probably be 40 € shipping + hassle. So that will be very expensive. Have you considered replacing your screen? I imagine you could get better prices, I can see ~50 euros options. If you're interested in making money you can resell it after replacing the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
If you wish to get rid of any ebook readers - whether they are defective or not - a proper place to promote is in the Flea Market Forum, where your thread will reach a large audience.
I assume this was more directed at user deleted but I'll keep an eye out for replacements, gracias.

Last edited by Boreras; 03-28-2020 at 05:46 AM.
Boreras is offline   Reply With Quote