View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 12:32 PM   #51
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
No one would ever leave a backup system running in test mode for 6 months, would they?

One friend of mine had that happen. When the installer was demonstrating the software after the install, he used test mode which did everything but write to the tape library. It was never turned off and it took 6 months before they wanted to do a restore and OOOPPSSS!
Oh no!

After I'd built my new PC last year and installed Macrium backup to my NAS I had an issue with my PC not booting properly after a myriad of upgrades. Decided to test out the bare metal restore in case it was a software issue so restored to the initial image. Restore worked great; PC still had issues. Discovered a loose cable ! Luckily I could then do another restore to the last backup I'd taken successfully.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote