Thread: Quiet times
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 07:34 AM   #10
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
From the coronavirus point of view, I've got plenty of supplies, though I'll likely run out of cat litter first. Right now, the karate school is staying open, but we will see. My mother is at high risk, but she's living out in the boonies with my sister, so she's fairly isolated. I've done everything I can do, so we will see how it turns out.

I suspect that trying to tune out things like the latest speculation on the virus and the ups and downs of the stock market is the best approach. Stress can have a very negative effect on a person's health, and as well as negatively impact one's immune system.

One of the many bad things about a situation like this is wondering about what's happened to online friends and acquaintances. I know there are several here who have mentioned in passing being older or living in an assisted living facility. When someone like that stops posting, I wonder if something happened to them. I've been involved in online communities since the early 80's when I was on BIX. Sometimes someone will post when one of the community has passed, but usually it's simply "anyone remember so-n-so? Wonder what happened to them."