View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The bug is really going to affect those Linux users who:
a) Build Sigil themselves on a system with libxml2 2.9.3 or higher.
b) Install Sigil from a repo on a system with libxml2 2.9.3 or higher.

Those numbers are probably pretty small right now, but those going with method B) are only going to grow more numerous. Their only hope is that Ubuntu patches libxml2 (or that libxml2 gets fixed very quickly), or this workaround.

If I can ever get a Linux installer package together that I have a high degree of confidence in, I'll of course include a patched version of libxml2 in it. But I was really hoping the repo version would gain traction and make that step unnecessary.

Those using method A) will soon have an option to build/include a patched version of libxml2 while compiling Sigil themselves. I hope anyway ... a few more kinks to work out.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote