View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 08:47 PM   #949
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Is there a page where we can post ideas for next firmwares ?
You mean like the sticky threads https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105210 and https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139965? Or do you mean an official Kobo place? If so, there doesn't seem to be one.
Quote:
For example, I think the scroll for light is too difficult to set, it should be interesting to have a "-" and a "+" at each extremity of the bar to adjust the light one by one... it's not a big work for developers and a lot of people could be interested by this add. So where can I post this suggestion ?

Maybe some people have other ideas that could be quickly integrated in next firmwares if thoose new functions do not need too much development...

Last thing : Yoq and kevinshort have made a big work around the "night mode", why not integrate it into the firmware because it's THE basic function that a lot of people use (all the others marks/models proposed the function like amazon/kindle, etc)) ?
For whatever reason, Kobo have not chosen to implement this. Hopefully that means they have done some research and found that it is not actually used by many people. Or that there is a technical reason that it is a bad idea. More likely is that they have a long list of things to implement and they don't see this as important as some of the others. Personally, I have no use for it and hope they spend time on things I want.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote